The meteoric rise of ethereum has fueled one thing of a gold rush for individuals trying to get in on the motion by mining ether themselves. This requires constructing a customized “mining” laptop from scratch, which isn’t fairly as laborious because it sounds.
On this how-to video, Motherboard contributor Daniel Oberhaus walks you thru the step-by-step directions for constructing an ethereum mining rig from the bottom up. By the top of the tutorial you’ll be nicely in your option to mining ether and contributing to the upkeep of the ethereum community with your individual computing energy.
(1) MSI Z-170a Motherboard – http://fave.co/2vGI3LV
(2) 470rx Gigabyte graphics processing models –
(2) powered risers – http://fave.co/2h19X22
(8) ½ in. aluminum angles, minimize to 14 inches – http://fave.co/2h1a1P8
(5) ½ in. aluminum angles, minimize to 24 inches – http://fave.co/2h1a1P8
(3) 1×2 wood blocks – http://fave.co/2h1uyTJ
(1) 1000 watt Corsair energy provide unit – http://fave.co/2vH129p
(1) Intel Celeron G3900 central processing unit –
(1) 4 GB stick of RAM – http://fave.co/2vGLcvc
(1) energy swap – http://fave.co/2h0y0hE
(1) ethernet cable – http://fave.co/2h1diOs
(1) 16 GB USB stick – http://fave.co/2vGJMkk
(1) laptop monitor – http://fave.co/2vH9y8i
(1) laptop keyboard – http://fave.co/2vGPIK6
(1) laptop mouse – http://fave.co/2h1iGRC
(1) pack of zipties – http://fave.co/2h11I69
(36) self-driving screws – http://fave.co/2vGLjXP
Disclosures: VICE Media earns a small fee on merchandise bought by way of these hyperlinks. Daniel Oberhaus owns and mines ethereum.
Credit score: The Noun Undertaking
Subscribe to MOTHERBOARD: http://bit.ly/Subscribe-To-MOTHERBOARD
Extra movies from the VICE community: https://www.fb.com/vicevideo